Cardica Inc. (NASDAQ: CRDC), was up $0.45 (27.11%) this afternoon to $2.11 per share. This move is the result of a new, $12 million deal signed between Cardica and Intuitive Surgical Inc. (NASDAQ: ISRG). As a result of the deal, Intuitive has exclusive rights to Cardica’s intellectual property pertaining to robotic surgery.
Cardica Inc. is a medical instruments company that makes surgical devices for cardiac, among other, procedures.
-Michael B. Sauter
BioHealth Earnings Floodgates Opening (BSX, BIIB, GILD, ISRG, PFE, DGX, SYK, AMGN, ELN, LLY, GENZ, STJ, BMY, MRK, SGP, ZMH)
Next week is going to be the mother of all earnings reports for the BioHealth community. We have included the key device companies as well in this calendar with the routine top drug and biotech companies. As a reminder, these estimates may change between now and when some of the players report earnings. In the screens for earnings we have the estimates included listed as the Thomson Reuters consensus figures.
MONDAY OCTOBER 19
- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) $0.14 EPS on $2.04 billion in revenues
TUESDAY OCTOBER 20
- Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ: BIIB) $1.04 EPS on $1.11 billion in revenues
- Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD) $0.67 EPS on $1.76 billion in revenues
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISRG) $1.46 EPS and $256.44 million in revenues
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) $0.48 EPS and $11.4 billion in revenues
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. (NYSE: DGX) $0.96 EPS and $1.89 billion in revenues
- Stryker Corp. (NYSE: SYK) $0.69 EPS and $$1.62 billion in revenues
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21
- Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN) $1.27 EPS and $3.79 billion in revenues
- Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) -$0.13 EPS on $285.18 million in revenues
- Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE: LLY) $1.01 EPS and $5.4 billion in revenues
- Genzyme Corporation (NASDAQ: GENZ) $0.44 EPS and $1.11 billion in revenues
- St. Jude Medical, Inc. (NYSE: STJ) $0.58 EPS and $1.16 billion in revenues
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) $0.51 EPS and $5.5 billion in revenues
- Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) $0.83 EPS and $6 billion in revenues
- Schering-Plough Corporation (NYSE: SGP) $0.39 EPS and $4.45 billion in revenues
- Zimmer Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ZMH) $0.86 EPS and $953.6 million in revenues
JON C. OGG
OCTOBER 16, 2009
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISRG) has been defended after recent weakness by an analyst call as the robotic daVinci surgical system maker was started as Outperform at William Blair.
Intuitive Surgical has seen its stock under fire because of its massive valuations and its stock performance through late 2007. Unfortunately when companies make a 20-fold run in a matter of a few years things have to change at some point. Its shares have fallen from a peak of $350.59 to around $270.00 of late. In short, they have lost one-quarter of their value. Its market cap is still over $10 Billion and its forward estimated P/E ratio for 2008 is north of 50.0 in an uncertain environment. The company is also presenting at a Needham & Co. conference today at 2 PM EST.
Shares have not traded that much in pre-market trading, but indications are up around $273.00 after a $270.27 close yesterday.
June 11, 2008